Changing the way we tell stories….
BROOKLYN WOMEN'S FILM FESTIVAL® (BWFF) is a female focused film festival, run by women, about women and for everyone. Founded in 2016, BWFF showcases films made by female filmmakers and gives special preference to films that contain women in key creative roles. Our films are fierce, edgy, and relevant.
WHO ARE WE?
* We are a collaborative community for womxn in indie film.
* We support diverse voices.
* We value the eye of female storytellers.
* We create opportunities for womxn to meet, network, showcase and celebrate their achievements in film making.
* We give special preference to filmmakers that transcend the Bechdel Test.
* We're committed to affordable access to the film festival circuit.
Brooklyn Women’s Film Festival ® is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non‐profit arts service organization.
Our work is made possible with help from our sponsor, Elland Road Partners.